Police & Trials
Five leaders of the Teachers Group (TG) are wanted by Interpol and Danish police
Mogens Amdi Petersen – TG founder and leader
Kirsten Ambrosius Larsen – joint leader
Sten Byrner – former head of ‘TG Economy’
Marlene Gust – former head of ‘TG Economy’
Christie Pipps (aka Kirsten Fuglsbjerg) – senior TG member
A sixth senior TG member, Poul Jørgensen, was convicted in 2009 of fraud and tax evasion and sentenced to 30 months imprisonment in Denmark. According to prosecutors, Jørgensen diverted millions of dollars earmarked for charitable use into TG-owned private businesses.
Jørgensen is thought to have served only about half of his sentence.
- Petersen and four other top leaders of the Teachers Group are wanted by the Danish police through Interpol. At least Petersen is known to be at the group's luxurious headquarters, TG Pacifico, on Mexico's Baja coast.
- The Danish Civil and Police Department in Copenhagen once published a report titled Organised Crime in Denmark in 2005, the English version of which is here. While the document does not mention the Tvind Teachers …
- I was told to launder $30,000 a week in cash from Luanda, Angola, to Denmark. I was the treasurer for ADPP Angola, and I just did what the Teachers Group said.
- Three members of the Tvind Teachers Group have been accused of $12 million money laundering in Brazil. Prosecutors described the TG as a 'transnational criminal organisation'.
- 2000: Police begin investigating the Teachers Group, after the Danish television channel TV2 airs a documentary based on interviews with former TG members. Among the serious allegations made in the TV documentary are that large amounts …
- WHAT A SAVINGS! the Danish newspaper, BT, has published a video of Interpol-listed fugitive and Tvind leader, Amdi Petersen, and two of his top aides shopping at a Costco supermarket in Ensenada, on Mexico’s Baja …
- Is the legal noose tightening? Danish media report that Tvind guru Amdi Petersen has applied for 'humanitarian residence' in Mexico to avoid extradition to Denmark.
- Janice Marie Bostic (b.1958, USA) Has connections to fugitives Mogens Amdi Petersen, Christie Pipps, and Sten Byrner. Current position in Tvind’s Teachers Group: CEO of USAgain Janice Bostic is an American Teachers Group (TG) member …
- Mikael Norling has been a supporter of the Tvind Teachers Group for more than 35 years. He is the most senior member of the organisation in the USA. He was in at the start, one of …
- AARHUS, Denmark, 29 August 2013 - The Western High Court today ordered that Tvind founder Mogens Amdi Petersen and four other Tvind leaders be remanded into custody "in absentia” meaning "without being present".
If you have found this site interesting, informative or helpful, please make a financial contribution to help our journalists and researchers to keep following the story.
Your gift, however large or small, can be made through our contribution page.
Thank you for your support.