TvindAlert is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding our use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you. We will keep the information you provide confidential at all times.
TvindAlert will not disclose your personal information, which is handled in accordance with the United Kingdom’s data protection legislation.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data Subject – a person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
We/Us – TvindAlert
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
If you have left comments on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To request a copy of your personal data, please email our technical support team at email@example.com and include your name, this website’s URL, and the email address previously used when submitting data. You can also request the deletion or anonymisation of your data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address. This information is used to improve your experience of TvindAlert. When you view the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you complete and submit a contact form, the data that you enter are sent to external email accounts and a copy is stored in the database of this website. The forms record live data and any information in completed fields is still stored – even if the form has not been completed and submitted. Data in forms that have not been completed and submitted are not sent off-site.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- communicate and interact with you.
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for purposes we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill any obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing.
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers.
We may disclose your Personal Data to public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use a firewall to track and monitor visitor data, and secure the website from unauthorised access. This data consists of IP addresses, pages visited, login attempts, the date and time of your visit to the website, and details about the browser used to access the site.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
We use some social sharing plugins, to allow you to share certain pages of our website on social media.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
When TvindAlert no longer has a legitimate need to process your personal information, or no longer has a need to keep your personal information for any legal, tax, or regulatory reason, we will either delete or anonymise it.
Backups of the website files and/or database are created and stored locally on this server and remotely on 3rd party servers. Archives can include, but are not limited to, file and database assets, including hashed passwords, 3rd party data, and user information.
Dates, times and actions of successful and unsuccessful backups and remote data transfers are tracked. This is stored to help make the backup service better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
External storage providers:
Last modification was made June 1, 2018.